Easily test Ethernet connected devices in an RF Shielded test environment ! Latest design includes new LTE cellular bands.
- All eight RJ-45 lines are filtered, useful for LAN as well as other applications!
- Works with ANY enclosure or screen room
- Passes all Ethernet 10/100/1000 signals while rejecting Cellular, LTE, WiFi and signals above 700 MHz
- PoE power passing compatible
- Over 80 db attenuation > 1 GHz with flat response < 480 MHz
- Rugged machined aluminum construction
- Balanced filtering for minimal ringing
- Excellent RF Isolation
The LAN-1 Filter consists of a 10/100/1000 Ethernet compliant low pass filter inside a machined aluminum housing which provides exceptional RF shielding on all 8 signal lines, making it compatible with standard Ethernet as well as any other format using an RJ-45 connector. The filter is designed to reject frequencies greater than the Cellular frequencies of 700 MHz while passing data between RJ-45 connected devices such as routers, switches, access points or other Ethernet devices.
Since all 8 signal lines are filtered (10/100 Ethernet uses only 4 of the 8 available signal lines while 1000 uses all lines) one can use this filter as an interface to connect various other devices within the test enclosure. Standard RJ-45 jacks are used, so one may wire any signal on to any of the eight lines and pass it across the filter, knowing that anything below 480 MHz will pass and signals above 700 MHz will be attenuated by greater than 70dB. Fully compatible with PoE devices.
The LAN-1 interface consists of balanced pairs of bi-directional data lines on all connector pins. Standard RJ-45 Ethernet LAN connectors are used allowing simple and reliable connection to your devices. The data line filters pass up to 480 Mbps of data while providing rejection greater than 80dB from 1 GHz through 6 GHz. The use of high performance inductors allows a current of up to 250 mA and a DC resistance on any path below 1.5 ohms.
Download datasheet: LAN-1
Download hole pattern: LAN-1 HOLE LAYOUT
Features and Benefits
- Reduces interference from Cellular and WiFi
- Single channel Ethernet RF filtered interface
- PoE power passing compatible
- Heavy duty machined aluminum case for reliable shielding and ruggedness
- Precision designed filtering for minimal ringing on data lines
- Excellent RF filtering at all wireless frequencies
Data Line Balanced Impedance: 100 Ohms typical
Typical Insertion Loss (all eight signal lines):
- 10 MHz 0.1 dB
- 150 MHz 1.2 dB
- 250 MHz 1.5 dB
- 350 MHz 2.0 dB
- 480 MHz 3.0 dB
- 700 MHz > 70 dB
- 800 MHz to 6 GHz > 80 dB
Outside: 2" H x 3.2" W x 0.8" D (50 x 80 x 20 mm)
JRE LAN-1 RJ-45 Ethernet Filtered Interface Adapter
RJ-45 Female Jacks
Filtering: All lines filtered
Power capability: Up to 60 VDC at 250 mA, 1.5 ohms max DC resistance
JRE Test’s RF Shielded Test Enclosures deliver real value and save time over in-house fabricated test solutions. Our fast off-the-shelf delivery, unbeatable price and performance make us the first choice for all your RF test needs. The industry's widest line of enclosures provides superior RF isolation from 10 MHz to over 6 GHz, covering the entire range of popular commercial, private and government communications systems. Whether you are designing, integrating, or conformance testing the next generation Wi-Fi, WLAN, 3G Cellular device, you can rely on JRE Test to provide a seamless solution that is compatible with today’s technology and is ready for the future.